advanced stage Research force was formed to assist the
activities of FIE & the surrounding industries in the form of FIE Research
Institute in 1979.
The main objectives are ....
1. Extension of knowledge in the field of natural and
2. Conducting experiments with a view to develop new raw
processes, components, equipments &machines which
are mainly import substitution.
3. Improvisation in the existing materials,processes and
4. Encouragement to the activities of thesurrounding
Fie Research Institute is :
1. Approved by D.S.I.R. Govt. of India, as anautonomous R & D unit.
2. Accredited by NABL Govt. of India, in a accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.
available at FIE Research Institute :
Force Calibration :
Facility for calibration of force proving ring and load cells upto 1000kN capacity is
Following highly precise force generating machines having National traceability
are available for calibration purpose.
1) Force generating machine with Hydraulic multiplication system 10 kN to 1 MN.
2) Dead weight force generating machine 50 N to 3 kN.
3) Dead weight force generating machine 500 N to 50 kN.
Hardness Testing :
Facility available for hardness testing of metals & alloys in following scales.
1. Rockwell & Rockwell superficial (as per IS:1586)
2. Brinell (as per IS:1500)
3. Vickers (as per IS:1501)
Precision Metro scope having 0.1 resolution is available
for dimensional calibration upto 500mm length.